Founder and director of legalenglishskills.com, Dr Alison Wiebalck has been tutoring legal professionals in and around Zurich since 2004. Her clients have ranged from lawyers and legal support staff in commercial practice in Zurich to partners in boutique law firms, lawyers at the Federal Office of Civil Aviation in Bern, post-graduates at the University of Zurich’s LLM programme in International and Economic Business Law, and members of the Zurich Bar Association. Dr Wiebalck has a background in English, the law, and teaching English as a foreign language.
- BA in English literature and linguistics, Macquarie University in Sydney, Australia;
- LLB (Bachelor of Laws), Macquarie University in Sydney, Australia;
- LLD (Doctorate) in international law, University of South Africa (UNISA);
- Legal English teacher training, Cambridge, UK;
- Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA);
- SVEB 1 from the Swiss Association for Adult Education;
- MA (Master of Arts) in Applied Linguistics, University of Birmingham, UK.
Alison is also a member of
- the English Teachers Association of Switzerland (ETAS);
- the European Legal English Teachers Association (EULETA);
- Clarity International; and
- co-author of The The Legal English Manual.